Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Searching For Sufficiency

"Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." John 1:12



I document this picture for one sound reason.

It demonstrates the Look of Productivity.

Not in my belly.
But in my twinkling eyes, my knowing smile, and the confidence in the early hour and the day laid out before me.

This week I worked a fashion photo shoot in a gorgeous Antebellum home of a legendary casting agent.(Shout out to Roadhouse and the captivating Dalton.) And I felt the pull of purpose I haven't felt in a while. A mindset that is outward. And at times, unhealthy.

In my earthly world,  I realized I have defined myself by my work for 15 years and without it, my life is lacking in modifiers and sometimes meaning.

Can the role of Mama really trump them all?

No comments:

Post a Comment