Friday, April 19, 2013

No More Apologies

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

Dear precious son of mine,

I write this to you from my knees.

You left the Lord and His angels six weeks ago.

And while I am blessed beyond measure to have you, I am so sorry your peaceful existence has ceased.

I'm sorry you have come into a suffering world where hate and violence reign supreme. Where members of the human race disregard the true miracle of human life and take it without a regretful glance or mournful thought.

I'm sorry your chin quivers when you cry.

I'm sorry your fists clench in pain with gas from my Tabasco Sauce addiction.

I'm sorry I don't get to you before you call out for me. Or when I have to put you down. Or when I can't soothe you with my words.

I'm sorry I yell at your Daddy because his world has not changed as much as mine.

I'm sorry I tell you to stop when you are just doing what you know how to do.

I'm sorry.

Your Mama is flesh. And fails often.

I love you and I'm doing the best I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment