Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Fourth Generation

"Planted in the house of the Lord, They will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still yield fruit in old age; They shall be full of sap and very green, To declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him." Psalm 92:13-15

The family just took two cars, two trains, and four planes to be with my Grandma in East Texas on her spry and still feisty, 95th birthday.
A testament she claims to be a product of clean living and a good Lord.

Those exhausting forty eight hours of entertaining an infant at 35,000 feet, cringing at him crawling on well traversed airport carpet, nursing him under cover and the attendants disapproving nose, willing him to nod off so I can catch my breath, not fighting the TSA who insisted on breaking the seal on all things baby, thanking the buxom woman at the gate for bouncing baby on her knee and providing all of us with a provocative visual, were worth every ache in my arm and pain in my neck as I placed my Grandma's Great Grandson in her arms and he reached out to touch her smiling face.

Thank you Lord for showing me once again that relationship is the only real meaning of life.

"Now I can go to Glory." Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment