Sunday, September 25, 2011

Change Agent

"Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings." Isaiah 58:12

I've gone quiet. Not just in my writing. But in my daily life in our broken, rotting society.
My pastor called my name aloud when he spoke of those sitting in the pew of Salvation in silence this morning.

When asked, I don't rebuke or refuse. But I've ceased in the initial offering. And my fortified wall is crumbling in the name of tolerance and the desire to be understood.

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. It's only about Him. And when I've shared His word with anyone in my life, it has been to His glory and never to my demise.

If I'm accepted, it's because of Him. If I am shunned, it's because of Him.
Exalting His name is to my benefit and to the recipient of my sharing, a seed.

So I repent this morning, pray my words don't fall on deaf ears and remember this world is...

Just dessert dust and empty shadows,
All promises that turned to lies,
The gods offer fail and betray me,
You alone are truth and life.

So I'll worship only at the feet of Jesus,
His cup alone, my holy grail,
There'll be no other gods before Him,
Just Jesus only will never fail.


Are you convicted?

No comments:

Post a Comment