Sunday, September 18, 2011

Nipped Bud

"The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful." Matthew 13:22

The idea of ceasing all shenanigans of keeping up appearances that I have time and clever thought enough to continue this testifying blog has crossed my mushy mind all week.

Just the mere inner dialogue I have with myself over the last date/content of the most recent post is enough to make my already clenched neck seize up with unnecessary and unwanted stress.

Now, some of you may say, "Wow, she is dramatic."

But for those of you that already read my words know this is an accurate description and have no need to forgive me for just being true to form.

Following this rambling, I would like to make an announcement.

New York City has a powerful grasp and tight lock jaw that continues to be a beastly force to reckon with...and impedes juggling any other aspect of life that would require me being fully present and awake. (Evangelizing my faith, Keeping my butt up, Grocery shopping, to name a few.)
Moreover, on a daily basis I undecidedly come to the resounding realization and tangible doubt that I have or have not entered the home stretch of my stay here and will be heading south at the last Law and Order dun, dun. (That's May 1)

And in this uncertainty, I ask myself a few questions.

Spend wildly and soak it up along with the other irresponsible but fashionable spendthrifts?

Save NBC's good money they oddly pay me and hole up in my 400 square foot closet in the sky until winter passes then flee with (gasp) money in my pocket.

Quit writing?

Limit my blog to one or two quality posts where I have the brain function to grasp words with depth and meaning?

Join the crust punks in creating beds made of paper plates from Two Brothers Pizza's $1 slice sham?

Or turn my eyes towards Jesus, look full in his wonderful face, and know the things of life will grow strangely dim?


No comments:

Post a Comment