Sunday, March 25, 2012

Jesus Christ Superstar

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."  John 10:27

                                      

It was this cover story that finally brought my weakened state of mind and body to tears.

Weepy from the week of crew tension and waking hours, I broke down in between bites of breakfast with the majority of the sound department and most of the grips. It was ignorance about faith that tipped me and my fortitude into a sobbing mess...

The normally conservative editorials in the Post took the conformist route and said that the pious quarterback will not survive the temptations of the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah which is New York City. This man who has been "indoctrinated" with bible stories will be under fierce attack as he experiences the hedonism to him that is available 24 hours a day. How dare he think that God watches and blesses his football performance? He will crash and burn... His proselytizing will turn to pleasures of the flesh. Everything he's "been told" will disappear under the glow of the bright lights of the big city.

As I swallowed the truck swill, I told the agreeing crowd, that the "truth of the gospel" has to be experienced not just heard. And once the Christian faith is your foundation that is handed to you from the Word of God, it is immovable. Not to be shaken.
And while I have fought harder and come up against more resistance about my faith in the Lord as being the Son of God, my sound stability despite living and breathing in this town and the storms it brews  is unwavering.

He's the King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords.

Our anchors hold and grip the Solid Rock. That Rock is Jesus.

Are you firm in your footing?

No comments:

Post a Comment