Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Consequences of Sin

"For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt" Hebrews 6:4-6

I dreamed I tore a piece of crispy potato off the top of my over sized pomme fritte I was eating and threw it on the marble stairs in which I was rapidly walking.  A Puerto Rican cleaning woman rushed through a Grand Central quality crowd and scolded me.
I told her it was just a cracker, but she insisted I save her the trouble.

When I retraced my steps and picked up my french fry bit, it occurred to me that it could have easily been squished by the sole of a newly polished shoe and tracked into a freshly clean Brownstone foyer, smeared onto a Persian rug, then licked up by the family cat, and puked back up in a pile of dove grey hair and spit.

While a cracker crumb would have just been pulverized into smaller crumbs, crushed on the very white marble in which they scattered, eventually brushed off into the sewer grates, and what tiny specks weren't carried into the air, would dissolve in a puddle of the city's ooze and cease to exist.

This is my subconscious answer to... what's the difference?

1 comment:

  1. The scripture which reads to him who knoweth to do good and doeth it not to him it is sin. Best to let the imagination drift to those things approved of God and benefit the furtherance of the kingdom of God and His righteousness. Your inner cleaning lady knows that for every action there is a reaction and what we reap we have sown. Smart cleaning lady.

    ReplyDelete