Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Modesty-The New Mod

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6

For years, I've been talking a great deal about the dire need for the morale pendulum to swing far the other way in this nation. Where the oversexualization of little girls sporting spray tans and sweatsuits with provocative words stamped across their prepubescent asses falls prey to the rise of imagination, back to homemade dolls and mud-pies. A nation where mom's protect their daughters from mainstream media's gnashing teeth and relish in their innocence. When did we lose hold of teaching reverence for one's body and succumb to our adolescents' lipgloss rings on the heads of penises?

My Aunt sent me a book about her maternal grandmother growing up in Montana in the late 1800's. This was without a doubt a simpler time, but what struck me was the joy that permeated the story. A time where pureness was a mainstay, family was essential, and the gift of a cinnamon stick in a stocking on Christmas morning stopped the clock.

Today, Tablets for Tots tops the wish list for the holidays. And Honey Boo Boo gets renewed for another season. Now, I'm not preaching piety or virtuousness. I grew up far too fast.
And this rise in sanctity for the youth is not because I am, as the nuns say gravid.
But I profess with every fiber of my being that I believe we the people are lost and our perpetual identification with the degradation of society and it's lewd behavior will continue to make for a weaker race.
My generation can help reverse this decline, starting with re-runs of Little House on the Prairie.

What bad could come from bringing goody two shoes back?







No comments:

Post a Comment