Monday, December 31, 2012

A Changed Woman

“This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” Isaiah 43:16, 18-19

Amazing how one's world can shift in 365 days. Blessed to have breath and life in all of them since none are guaranteed. I am constantly enlightened by the changes that occur naturally and with the flow just by time, effort, and circumstance.
The Beacon Theater in New York City runs its last sound check on audio boards for another epic show  while I type these words in front of a roaring North Carolina fire. Then, aflame with a bourbon buzz and ganja stashed in my boots, I swayed in the sounds of Gov't Mule, shoulder to shoulder with faithful jammers who too sought a peak experience, as we sang goodbye to the crazy year and fuzzy memories past.
Tonight, a soothing silence takes center stage. A rhythmic and sometimes painful beating from within takes my attention and affection and makes chasing down the champagne dream an afterthought. Gratefulness reigns supreme. And celebrating the closing of 2012 with a frozen pizza and a hot bubble bath hits me with a surprisingly, fist pumping excitement as I look forward to what and who the new year will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment