Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lest I Forget

"But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort." 1 Corinthians 14:3

Older; Not necessarily wiser in my vain search for carnal pleasures.
Disappointment reigned supreme last night as I dodged potential projectile vomit victims at 2 in the morning.
Did I really think I would find happiness at the bottom of a $14 Mezcal or amongst the bridge and tunnel children parked on the Beauty Bar dance floor?
How quickly the bombardment of satisfaction temptations beckon me to believe the bullshit.

The material fulfillment I continually seek pales in comparison to the truth I already know and the promise I want to keep.
And a figurative birthday hangover gives me the spanking I so deserve today.
It is the reminder of the spiritual gift given to me on my birthday from the Holy Spirit to edify the broken believers and lift up the constant searchers.
Preaching and teaching the everlasting wonderful glory of our Risen King, the loving Word of God which is my crusty bread, silky wine and full contentment in the desirous world has always been my unbending need.
To forth tell the wonders of His Majesty in my life amongst the bouts of titillating tequila, rocky relationships, and bratty birthday behavior.

I am wrong a lot. Oh, but he is so right. All the time.

This is my story, this is my song.

O for a thousand tongues to sing
My great Redeemer’s praise,
The glories of my God and King,
The triumphs of His grace!

My gracious Master and my God
Assist me to proclaim,
To spread through all the earth abroad
The honors of Thy name.

Jesus! the name that charms our fears,
That bids our sorrows cease
Tis music in the sinner’s ears,
Tis life, and health, and peace.

He breaks the power of canceled sin,
He sets the prisoner free
His blood can make the foulest clean,
His blood availed for me.

TO SPREAD THROUGHOUT THE WORLD ABROAD, THE HONORS OF HIS NAME!!!

Thank you Charles Wesley

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain.

Amen.

What's the best gift you've been given?

No comments:

Post a Comment