Monday, March 14, 2011

Sink It...Swish

“I write one page of masterpiece to ninety-one pages of shit,” Hemingway confided to F. Scott Fitzgerald in 1934.
“I try to put the shit in the wastebasket.”

Just in case you were wondering where all of my ranting blog posts have gone.

Kurt Vonnegut told me I should find a subject I care about and my "winning" style can only come from the ideas in my head.

I'm regrouping as I find myself adopting the tireless dance of the irritably driven, also know as the New York way; Much to my dismay, resulting in not one creative thought in my brain.

The life of a struggling actress dwelling in a two thousand dollar closet, dealing with the apparent signs of mental aging while juggling a beautiful relationship she's not real skilled at, living in the city she's always dreamed of, second guessing her natural talents and cashing hand to mouth checks she receives exhibiting them, all the while spreading the testimony of Jesus to her chastising liberal peers is quite a life to live...

I just wish I could write it.

This post is a metaphor for the wastebasket.

Another two pointer.

What do you want to read about?**


**As if working 14 hours doesn't lend itself to my sleep deprivation,
Keith Richard's LIFE has me intrigued.


No comments:

Post a Comment