Saturday, October 29, 2011

Just A Nor'Easter

"While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.” Genesis 8:22

Today.

Something happens more substantial than October rain.

Steam rushes off the white caps of the ever present Hudson as driving wet white snow, blankets the golden gingkos. The river resembles a smoldering nights fire and the down jackets pulled from storage 2 months early are greased with a glistening sheen. Coal covered slush whips from bald tires of hallowed eye cab drivers and welcomes in another day of work.

It's October.

I sit on Captain's leather couch and write this on my mini computer/phone that fits in the palm of my hand as we are, so they say "quiet on set".
The french director can't even make eye contact with those lesser and shudders with the notion for 2nd teamers to read the lines of less than profound formula writers.
I should talk....
I've worked nearly 70 hours at this junction of this sleeting Saturday so I'm more irritable than should be.

My excuse for me in New York has morphed into another space; as it has currently become the most fascinating character in this television show and a fine opponent in the mind game I play with myself. I like to call it important work.

I've fallen into a position of privy which allows me to pitch scripts and audition daily and I find myself to be so disillusioned with the lack of humanity and heart that the most meaningful moment for me is the fact I will be sharing beers with the camera crew tonight at wrap.

Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's because I miss my husband. Maybe it's because I stand at an Observation Window in a built, make believe set more then I stand at my own kitchen sink.

Could it just be time for Motherhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment