Saturday, December 17, 2011

And on Every Street Corner You'll Hear

If there is anything that I have come to know by experience about New Yorkers is we are not idle.

As the last full shopping weekend falls upon us, City sidewalks, Busy sidewalks becomes the absolute understatement of the most wonderful time of the year.
And I've retreated up to my sweltering nest in the sky for some much needed alone time.


Unsilent Night* passes beneath my window tonight as all of the ancient boom box cassettes (yes I said cassettes) are tuned to chimes.  I can hear the bells...and I pour myself another Flower Power from the finger lakes of New York and open my window to the bitter wind of another northeast winter, then above the bustle, drink down the frosty beer in two swallows.

Life is full of simple pleasures. 
New York just happens to be full of creative minds who orchestrate thousands to their cause of fulfilling them to the fullest.

Apparently the finale procession ends at my Eastern park. And while they all pressed play on cue in Washington Square Park an hour ago, every tape is at a different part of the electronic Christmas carol and each bell tolls on it's uniquely own.

Sweet Genius Inspiration.







No comments:

Post a Comment