Saturday, January 7, 2012

Days Of Our Lives

I lie in bed this morning listening to the rant of a man whose drug trip has gone so wrong. He's running back and forth beneath my window violently screaming in an unclear language. He has been since five this morning. Since the sun came up, every now and then he points to his head and says, "Leave Me Alone." The NYPD can't be bothered, so the entire neighborhood is.
I just pray he falls asleep soon. And his head hits something softer than the frozen ground.

***

So Mariska didn't want to say a line. Two writers on set brainstormed how to modify the script. They threw out ideas. She shook her head.  I offered up my word choice. She took it.

Harry Connick and I talked Saints-Falcons football, magic tricks, and his gorgeous wife. He made an absolute outstanding first impression with crew proving that it doesn't take much to shake a hand and learn a name no matter who you are.

Ice called out with the stomach flu.

And my sweet Kelli gave me a music filled ride to my doorstep.

As Ice Cube would say...Today was a good day.



1 comment: