Monday, May 14, 2012

Move On Back Two Squares

"But as for me, my prayer is to you, O LORD. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness." Psalm 69:13

Oh hear my cry.

Not even ten months living in hour long, dramatic episodic television could prepare me for the agonizing decision to give up my Manhattan sublet to the wolves and blindly begin the painful search for the next corner of the my life, wherever that may be.

Either following Goethe's advice:

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back-- 

Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth that ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. 

Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

or Woody Allen's plan:

"Right now it's only a notion, but I think I can get the money to make it into a concept, and later turn it into an idea."

No comments:

Post a Comment