Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sinatra Said It Best

"So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Purpose.
That word rears its head in the strangest of mind sorts.
On a relatively still night, high on fermented grapes, and watching a Best Little Whorehouse in Texas promo, I feel a nostalgic pull.
Well, I said strange, didn't I?

 The kind of knocking on my heart that has me remembering my youth and where I've come from.
The sound of my Mama's voice singing 'You Are A Promise' resonates as much now as it did then.

I see the dizzying left and right turns I have made to guide me to where I am . And to who I am.
I hear the voice within me that has told me if I'm close or I've gotten off track yet again.
I think about these years in New York. The sacrifice. The risk.
And all of the necessity it took for this time to happen.

I examine the unfolding ride of Law and Order's 13th season and how I had to endure it and why I was given the opportunity out of so many, to experience it.

I look at what I said I would do. And that I did it fully.

Now, I sit with the unknown of what lays ahead and question why my muscles have to tear, just to rebuild, to conquer the next hill.

Or mountain.

"I planned each charted course. Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this I did it my way." Frank
What's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment