Thursday, June 28, 2012

I Individually Choose Healthy

"Cast all of your anxiety on him, because he cares for you." 2 Peter 5:7

"No, the blues are because you are getting fat or its been raining for too long. You're sad that's all. But the mean reds are horrible. You're afraid and you sweat like hell, but you don't know what you're afraid of. Except something bad is going to happen. And you don't know what it is. You've had that feeling?"

"Quite often, some people call it angst."

"All right. Angst. But what do you do about it."

Truman Capote-Breakfast at Tiffany's

Within minutes, the Supreme Court will release it's decision on Obamacare which will have a powerful impact on our health care, the presidential race, and the breadth of government control.

I just got off the phone with my meager insurance company, which I recently qualified due to the health and heart wrenching hours spent on set.
Turns out they are only covering 20% of my recent visits.

I haven't been to the doctor in seven years. I had stored them up.

And in one visit, apparently because I mentioned the stress of living in this rather eventful city and working 70 hour weeks in a blood sucking competitive industry that rapes the souls of many to the doctor,she coded it as a psychological visit and diagnosed me with ANXIETY.

No shit bitch.

Now, my insurance won't pay because the routine physical turned into a fraudulent mental health visit.

****BREAKING NEWS***SUPREME COURT UPHOLDS OBAMACARE AS CONSTITUTIONAL****BREAKING NEWS****

(More on that later...eek, gasp, scary)

I calmly call the doctor's office and let them know, not only did this sassy doctor, clad in a leopard dress not lay a hand on me or go over my blood work results; She divulged her painful divorce details, her weight loss resulting in a new husband, a fondness for tennis and affection for wine. Telling me all the while she was popping doses of LEXAPRO to get through it all.

As she handed me seven prescriptions which I told her I would NEVER take, she did her best imitation of Authur Fonzarelli with a thumbs up and mouthed "Try it, it's awesome."

And I can't casually mention my difficult job to my primary physician without incurring an added cost...

Are you fucking kidding me?

No comments:

Post a Comment