Monday, July 2, 2012

Creeps In This Petty Pace

"Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life."
Proverbs 16:31

Based on my own general assumptions and the fact that Facebook goers remind me everyday, it is understood that almost no one knows where the time goes.

Apparently, no one out there is impervious to the elusiveness of time and its neck breaking speed. This seems uncommonly acute in parents who are at a total loss of the power of the ticking clock and its whereabouts.
As their babies grow into toddlers, into children, and eventually out their front doors, this birthed life flashes before their weepy eyes and provides that unmistaken measuring stick.

As for me, I had this epiphany when my Mama told me my nearly 90 year old Grandmother is sick.
 I have two of them. Living Grandmothers that is...Blessed with two beautiful matriarchs with a wealth of wisdom from which I came. And I've spent so much fleeting time away that I've missed moments with them to hear the stories they have to tell and learn about the people they are.

This is a true tragedy of the passing of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment