Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Flicker

"And the LORD will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail." Isaiah 58:11

"Mama if that's moving up, then I'm moving out." B. Joel

I need to review the last three and half years of my life.
I am appreciative I spilled it out here in black and white for me to ponder and blush.

The desire to know Manhattan like a friend has burned in me and I am blessed to have let the flame spread its fury and make a lasting imprint on my life.
If not better, I am a more fulfilled human being because of it.

I was 32 when the bitter cold, January air kissed my cheeks and welcomed me here. I'm 36.
And there comes a line in my aging face, where I have look in the mirror and admit it iss time to cross it. Cross into greener, cleaner, and cheaper pastures.
Where the give and take isn't so tough and The Daily News so brutal.

The rats and the Asian women on my block can commence their fighting over the mountainous piles of garbage. I won't be here to shoo them away anymore.

I've committed a crime. One many before me have, but nonetheless in the eyes of the faithful, a crime.

I gave my 30 day notice to relinquish one of the most covetous and desired materials in all of Manhattan; An affordable one bedroom East Village apartment.

And the desperate arms have already started to flail in knocking down my tenement's door.

There are people who are content with their mission and their impending mortality, experiencing the same vistas and the same pressures life brings day to day.
 There are those that suffer in their stifled existence, with the knowledge that there is something more for them beyond the horizon.

The journey is to find our purpose and if you're not inspired by your direction, its time to move on and chase that fire.

 I know I'll miss it, but there's always the Greyhound on the Hudson River line.






No comments:

Post a Comment