Thursday, April 3, 2014

Don't Hassle Me

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

When I was a Sophmore in high school, an upper classman took me on a classic dinner and movie date. It was the limp, Ruby Tuesday salad bar and the great Bill Murray in "What about Bob?"
A flick that remains to reign on my Top Ten List.

I spent the better part of the feature holding his clammy hand and throwing my head back in genuine glee. My nervous companion scolded my behavior and shushed my disturbing laughter.
To his chagrin, our romance ended with the rolling of the credits.
 Bob however is still with me today.

And this afternoon, I quote him louder than ever...despite the fact that I can not take a brief hiatus from motherhood, I am taking a vacation from my problems and excuses for not documenting the beautiful mess I'm in and the baby steps I'm taking towards progress.

Whatever the hell that means.

And so the writing begins...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment