Saturday, April 5, 2014

It is Precious

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them..." Psalm 127:3-4

My son was born eight days late.
While he took his painful bittersweet time coming into the world, once he breathed room air, he was by my side to stay. Not once in the nursery, the NICU, or the nurses care, he breasted in his first few seconds of life, he slept his initial earthly night in my arms and I've not spent one evening less than a stones throw away since. This has been the biggest blessing and something I've learned not to be taken for granted.

This morning I walked the March of Dines walk for my girlfriend whose triplets were born preemies with undeveloped lungs and her boy who spent 105 days in Intensive Care and nine surgeries later, finally came home to her loving touch. This morning I walked with parents who lost their babies.

Honored for my gift from God to stride side by side with all of them and thankful to The Lord for the truly amazing miracle of life and the boy I get to call my own.

Glory. Glory. Glory. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment