Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday the 13th

Yep, banner day in the ole life of me.

Ran into an old friend who eyed the fever blister on my upper lip and asked if I'd been frequenting the sailor bars in Chelsea.

Took my, (according to the serial number) used five year old MAC Book to the meat packing district this morning. Only to be told that it's motor has just run out.

Rode the painfully slow express A Train to the Upper West to have my goodbye lunch with my (survival job) designer.
Over my skimpy Salade Niscoise, I handed over the office key and my pride with a simple, "Call me if you get busy" smile.

I'm quietly hoping the next window of opportunity will open as this one slams shut.
Suffocation just can't be fun.

Answered the phone call for my 1969 fitting for Men in Black 3 (yes I said 3) while I still had service and boarded a suspect empty Downtown train.
Only to be screamed at by the lone man spitting in the corner that I wasn't allowed in his house.
I apologetically left at the next stop.

Told the new Dental School graduate I could pay cash if he gave me a discount, while he sank the Novocain needle in my jawline.

Closed my eyes while my beautiful Shanghai sweetie popped my chin pimples and likened my skin type to my body type. "You'll always be trim and you'll always have bumps."

Now I'm spending the remainder of my Friday night with takeout, cheap white wine, and John Quinones.

I think it may be time to move to (GASP)... Brooklyn.

1 comment:

  1. They had a raffle at the end of the Men in Black 3 week long shoot in Soho. gave away a $499 gift certificate for The Apple Store. Maybe they will do it again when you work and you can win and use it toward a new computer.

    ReplyDelete