Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sorry

"So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good." 1 Peter 4:19

One of the crew members I met on the Denis Leary's smoke filled days on Rescue Me, recognized me today.

He pulled up the brim of my Palm Beach seersucker hat I was sporting on Royal Pains and asked me if I was still evangelizing Christ to the Godless city of New York.

I was standing next to Henry Winkler (Jew) at the time.

That's not why I blinked ashamedly.

The truth is, I wasn't. And well haven't.

And my earnest request as this near three year love letter to NY and to my Lord painfully fade away, is that you choose to remember I once led a passionate pursuit and had something to say about it.

Didn't Neil say it best?

"It's better to burn out, than it is to rust."

No comments:

Post a Comment