Sunday, May 29, 2011

What? Me Quit?

Can you hear that sound?
Listen.

It was slow and faint for a while but now louder than ever before.

Do you hear it?

Hard to decipher at first but now indisputable.

The last gasps of steam are puttering out me as I try to climb over this concrete mammoth, blocking my path towards quasi success.

(Definition still up for debate)

I've been anesthetized by the exhaust and numbed by the noise.

And my New York City blog reflects it.

Even meeting my absolute inspiration for character acting confirmed it.

We sat shoulder to shoulder over her needlepoint handiwork and both agreed New York is hard.

It's hard.

But here's to Parker Posey making it look so damn easy.



Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go. ~William Feather

Will you endure a little longer?


No comments:

Post a Comment