Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer in New York

“What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?” Mark 8:36

Snorting copious amounts of cocaine, riding longboards on the sidewalk, moaning on brass instruments under windows, pissing in the street, eating overpriced eggs, and claiming to be the center of the Universe because you live in NYC has been a long practiced custom of this town.

And me trying to stop the flow that is and enforce the unenforceable is making my limbs weak and my mind unstable.

The enemy whispering the lies of more, more, more shows its power on every face of reveling late nighters and driven early risers. Tangible greed common to all is doubly magnified here and the lacking in the have nots, breeds inferiority.

I see it with my own eyes. I fight it. I know the Rock I cling to.

And remember the words of the wise Bilbo Baggins:
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." -

Did you just ask, Who made me God?

1 comment: