Sunday, July 17, 2011

Painted Ponies Go Round And Round

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."Romans 8:28

It's funny how motives can change in an instant.
With one flick of the wrist. Or an affirmative reply.

Last night I found myself at a Brooklyn barbecue sharing surrealistic sentimentality's with my contemporaries in a tomato garden. As we pulled grilled mussels from their hot shells and clinked our glasses of Chardonnay from the Coleman cooler, we smiled and nodded at the common notion of leaving New York.

As the farmers market corn husks blackened on the grill and the PBR drenched whole Mackerel caught that morning soaked up the lemon squeeze, we cracked a bottle of chilly Rose and thew our heads back in agreement, this city is tough.

While the citronella torches crackled in the breeze and upstate dairy butter dripped from our chins, the producer, illustrator, photographer, writer, fashion designer, and actress listened to the frisky Irish landlord describe the city 50 years ago, and decided yes indeed, we missed this town's Golden Age.

Collectively we've followed our hearts, sought a dream, and fought for it's fruition.
And at that moment, despite our worries of finding a good cup of coffee elsewhere or the narrow focus of a southern belle down yonder, we candidly talked about leaving it and our pursuits all behind.

But tonight... I wait.
I threw my hat into a ring. And someone that mattered picked it up.
And tomorrow, I learn how much longer New York will have me.

Can you make up your mind in this Circle Game?



Like Navin Johnson, I may have found my special purpose (at least for the 13th season) *

*The Jerk






No comments:

Post a Comment