Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gotham's Gravity

"...For why should my liberty be determined by someone else’s conscience?" 1 Corinthians 10:29

The undeniably powerful tractor beam that is New York has embraced my broken spirit and brought more peace into my exhausted bones which Georgia has rung out of my already lifeless body.

That wasn't the plan.

I must have been hypnotized with the no place like "home" for the holidays propaganda bullshit that fills the air waves this time of year.

I fell for it.

Shaken into semi-consciousness, flying over the dazzling orange lights of the Empire State's iconic emblem last night, but fully came to on this crisp autumn morning, hand picking my orchard apples at a farmer's market, steps from my front door.

I realize why so many are attracted to and decidedly call New York their home.

It isn't physics. It's FREEDOM.

What is more important?


No comments:

Post a Comment