Monday, February 20, 2012

It's Time to Put on Makeup, It's Time to Dress up Right

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." Ephesians 4:29


"I know I drive some people crazy with what seems like ridiculous optimism, but it has always worked for me." ~Jim Henson

It's been a hard week. To say the least. The crew family already spends more time with one another than we do our own spouses. And in small spaces. Dark, dank, basements, 15 x 15 Studio apartments, a dusty, mock squad room that under the interrogation television lights, anyone (even those averaging 8 hour nights rest) would snap.

And this week we were up against an evil intruder who turned against us and we used the remaining strength we had to resist a revolt.

At the witching hour of early Saturday morning and the last day of her episode, I levitated above my own worn out skeleton and viewed my attitude and listened in on my words.
It wasn't pretty. It was negative. And for the first time, I was the put down pessimist on set. I crossed over into the dark side and those within earshot heard my light snuffed out.

Just when I thought the weekend would pass and the vulgar, cheerless, hidden part of me was here to stay...I saw green.



And entered the boundlessly creative, delightfully full of heart, fantastic world of Jim Henson.

Walking through the expansive exhibit and experiencing his legacy of how many he touched, imagination's he piqued, heart strings he's pulled and lives he changed through television production, I was a changed woman.

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending. Keep believing, keep pretending." Jim Henson

Have you forgotten this part of your childhood?





***Get there as fast as you can. Museum of the Moving Image

No comments:

Post a Comment