Saturday, February 11, 2012

Slap Yo Mama

"The wisest of women builds her house, but folly with her own hands tears it down." Proverbs 14:1

I  don't claim to be a feminist. Nor do I bemoan the oppression of women in the workplace and slightly tipped salary scales.  But am acutely aware of the time span between when we did not and do have the immeasurable right to vote and the travesty of how recent it was...
 Also I am in touch with women obviously being the emotionally stronger, multi-task oriented, innovative, with an analytical and intuitive mind operating daily with a higher pain threshold.

In my humble opinion, I do not cry unfair in the game or quit running the race when I am repeatedly being tripped.  I am perfectly willing to continue on and continue well while the cat calls at my ass get louder and the condescending comments towards my ableness onward roll.

But out of approximately 120 of us crew members on a television set, there are 20 of us with the X chromosome and we carry just as much weight as the boys.

 I bring this older than old and very sad tale to the blank screen because out of the last  15 episodes, we are under the direction of 2nd woman and the mutiny has commenced. The men's club has gathered and the "plot" so to speak has thickened.

In other words, it's Beastie Boys with their dicks swinging, listen all y'all it's a sabotage.

And even more of a travesty, as the hours wear on, with the growing chauvinist approach toward her capability and know how, she isn't proving them wrong, pushing us back 100 years.

So what's a girl to do?




1 comment: