Sunday, October 31, 2010

Don't Get Strung Out...By The Way I Look

"Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaining? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness of eyes?" Proverbs 23:29

"No more massage. You, Doctor. No good."
Then my Chinese Body Worker took his hand and did a severe slitting of the neck motion and said, "You, Torn."
Coming from the man who insists on cracking my back with his fists, no matter how loud I groan or how much the person on the other side of the thinning curtain complains.

I crawl past the fish tank and back up to street level to face the light of day without the happy ending.
After all, my Balsy Broads Brunch in Brooklyn was today and nothing was going to break my stride.

Except maybe six seasoned actresses telling me as marketable Proctor and Gamble commercial material I am...I'm not getting work because my head shot is an outdated 1980's glamour girl.

And well I'm much more quirky and weird than that...

So tell me...is this the face you see in the words you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment