Wednesday, December 1, 2010

No Secrets Here

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1

It was the dripping wet, blustering chill in the air that thrust me into -This Little Piggy's- storefront. It was the five miles I ran with damp feet that made me order the roast beef with extra cheez whiz roll. But it was my obsession/sin about money that instigated a mind altering conversation with the owner.

The small walls covered in personalized dollar bills easily added up to a thousand notes and I felt a pining sensation in my empty belly. Sensing my hunger, he offered some sound advice about the Law of Attraction.
"What you speak becomes who you are."
I asked him what philosophy or religion he placed this notion.
"New Age." he replied. "If you think you will never have enough money, you would peel my wallpaper, you will always be without."
Humbled by the truth he saw by the doubt in me.
Strengthened by the fact that nothing about this practice is new...just another biblical principle I forget to pursue.

I left with a fistful of pastrami on the house and a positive smile on my lips singing gray skies are gonna clear up, put on a happy face.

"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he." Proverbs 23:7

Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be taken up and cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it shall be granted him. Therefore I say unto you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they shall be granted to you." Mark 11:23-24.

"The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings out that which is good, and the evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings out that which is evil, for out of the abundance of the heart, his mouth speaks." Proverbs 6:45

"When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark." James 3:3-5

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:7-9

Are you spreading sunshine?

No comments:

Post a Comment