Saturday, December 25, 2010

Silent Night

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6

A peaceful snowfall in the Georgia pines is a break from the normal rattle and constant hum.
The race for raucous nights and faint fame has been silenced.
The fallen Magnolias block the winter trails from the weight of their heavy white dusting. The cold spring barely murmurs over the mossy ice covered rocks. It's just me.
I find solace in the whisper, catch the coldness on my tongue, and stop.
Stop the running and the worrying. The determination to exist in a wild, wild world with eight million others. And listen to the seeking questions I usually muffle or drowned with distraction.

I raise my hands and fall back without hesitation in the quiet powder and stare at the vast Christmas night sky. I sing to the Lord of all creation Mary's song, to pour over me His Holiness. Be the Light in my darkness. For He alone is worthy. I'll give Him all the Glory. For He is heaven's Perfect Lamb born today to save the nations. He's Our Gracious King. So, Rejoice. Celebrate. And adore Him.
Christ Our Savior is Born.

Did you experience the true Christmas?


No comments:

Post a Comment