Sunday, December 5, 2010

Silent Night

"And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat." Mark 6:31

...Deflated Improv Class Debacle. Husband's High School Reunion. One Too Many Irish Jigs. Mother In Law Marathon Visit. Canal Street Hustle. Sharp Freezing Wind. Hot Shattered Glass. And A Trio Hosted 2nd Annual Progressive (Drinking) Dinner Accomplished.
I've earned this Sunday.

Yes, there are days when I long to be invisible. To go about my walking rhythm unseen. And unsmiling. To only listen to silence and witness a nary. To not bump a shoulder, be asked for a dime, or divert my eyes from each passerby. To not look out my window and see naked bodies drinking milk at their fridge, young skaters building ramps outside my door, or delivery bikes feverishly pedaling the wrong way. But the purring streets of Manhattan don't lend that grace.

So to celebrate the official arrival of a flurried winter and shopping season, I will close my blinds tightly and make love to my bottle of Ronnybrook Farm Egg Nog in pure solace.

That is if the hot rod outside will quit dancing on his Harley's accelerator.

When is the last time you saw Peace on Earth...Goodwill to man?


*I miss my POLITICAL blog. It seemed less narcissistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment