Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Want To Live In The World, Not Inside My Head

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." Ephesians 5:15-17

I've chosen Martha's mode of busy operation versus Mary, relaxing at the feet of Jesus.

"My candle burns at both ends. It will not last the night, but ah my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light." Roald Dahl

What's this? 40 degrees and hatless heads.
What does this mean? We're weeks away from spring.

The season where New Yorker's flood the streets and bare their sallow skin. When the sun showers light on the damp and dark avenues.
Has my head been down for February's dawning, that I've missed its short passing?
Have I been rocked awake by the city's insomnia and been spared by the sandman's sprinkle?

Retrospect. A blessing and a burden.
A glorious glimpse of what was and a reminder of my lack of living present.

I seem to open my vision wide at the looming pursuits ahead and gaze fondly at the beautifully checkered past splayed behind me.

But the now, I spend with my eyes closed shut...catching my breath.

Who said it was better to burn out than fade away?

No comments:

Post a Comment