Friday, February 18, 2011

What? Me Change.

“For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed."
Malachi 3:6

“There is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction” Winston Churchill

Egypt
Yemen
Wisconsin
Now... The Wanderer known as me.

Fog Blob monsters roll in over the grey hills of San Francisco spreading their dampness on our smiles. The raindrops slide down the window pane in a slow sob. I shiver in my hoodie as Chris Robinson's voice at the Filmore resonates in my cold and antsy bones. The Bay areas Blue Bottle coffee is my mission.
Parted ways with my husband at JFK yesterday, both of us shaking our filled heads in agreement that we can't go on in a hopelessly freelancing New York State of Mind, though there is no place I'd rather be.

Thirty Five is around the looming corner and I wonder why I don't hear a tick-tock towards settling but a drum beat so loud saying, "There's One More Encore."

Don't you ever long for the same you but with different scenery?

No comments:

Post a Comment