Wednesday, April 20, 2011

All Work And No Pray Makes...

"Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:4

There is a schmaltzy country song that talks about the new wearing off and the old shining through. It is a gentle reminder to those tapping their feet on the fence to not stray, take for granted, or flee for greener pastures.

I sing this diddy, lying atop a pile of electrical cord rolled up in a dusty corner on The Good Wife's sound stage (my home away from home), quietly of course with the encouragement of the shushing P.A. born in 1990.

The trite tune resounds in my ears as I stand on the mark of a Marlboro Red smoking, Georgia bred spitfire opposite an Emmy winning actress on an award worthy drama as the Director of Photography frames my face in "her" lighting.

Despite the sentimentality of the verse, my satisfaction is far from sufficient.
And I can't ignore that this once shiny apple has lost its sheen. Surely, there's better fruit.

Does this story sound familiar?

No comments:

Post a Comment