Friday, April 29, 2011

Show Me Real

I am not a television producer, director, writer, gaffer, grip or any other crew member logging $2000 a day.

But I am a sometimes viewer, would be actress and I am going to tread lightly out onto a limb and say, we don't need another HBO series about young fashionista girls living in Manhattan, trying to find their way and themselves in good footwear and using limited vocabulary.

But tell that to the writers of GIRLS as we all stand on cobblestones in the meatpacking district amongst the Ferrari's and butt cheek baring skirts. The clock strikes two, while they discuss if the steady cam captured the pivotal shot of the heroine back lit by the glow of Standard's Boom Boom Room on the tenth take.

To quote dialogue of the scene's demographics...

"Like, I'm just saying."


*It's highly possible GIRLS will become a hit show and I will be eating that popular phrase.

1 comment: