Sunday, July 25, 2010

Scattered Pictures

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

When King Solomon asked the Lord for wisdom, my guess is he was not talking about the prematurely acquired.

A recollection at brunch when asked about childhood...

~~She had these enormous round breasts. The kind that looked absolutely rock hard and perky in an Ocean Pacific mono-kini. Breasts so large, that no 11 year old should even think about, let alone possess.
She had a sassy cropped haircut and attitude to go along with her stellar pair. Flat as a soft and sweet pancake, I was in utter( no pun intended) amazement.
Her half sister and friend drove us up the highway to nowhere Georgia for the weekend with her sometimes estranged mom.
Even though they were sixteen, they picked the blond with braces, 6th grader to be their guinea pig.
I walked through the doorway of the town's greasy hangout called Uno Pizza, past the pinball players, and fed $1.25 worth of quarters into the cigarette machine.
My small victory: a shiny pack of Winston's.
The hair sprayed gaggle was thrilled I scored the smokes but condemned me when I didn't inhale at first tug.
We listened to Iron Maiden on the hood of one of the long-haired guys Trans-Am. "The boobs" claimed she had french kissed him. He kept winking at me as my dirty bare feet dangled off the front bumper. He tried to steal a grope.
I realized I had sliced the bottom of my foot as we snuck back through her bedroom window and blood dripped all over the pink twin sheets. And spent the remainder of the night avoiding the girl drinking a wine cooler glaring at me though her heavily lined eyes at the smoke I held in my mouth, as I learned a new way of the world.~~

Now ask me that question again...Did YOU grow up naively?

No comments:

Post a Comment