Friday, January 21, 2011

730 Days...Older and Wiser

"He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful." John 15:2

"When Ego is Lost, Limit is Lost." Yogi Bhajan

Funny thing ego, it inhibits and determines every step we make and contemplate taking.

If I consciously cared...

Would I consider giving my testimony when I raise my hands, bow my head, and sing out loud, "I Believe" on the treadmill at my Jewish owned and ran Y despite the glares of criticism?

Would I swallow my pride, when thrice looked over by a production office , stomp my way through slushy SoHo, hell-bent to hand deliver my resume and reel to the casting agent again...?

Yes, I take heed in Ben Franklin's advice of writing my injuries in dust and benefits in marble.
I ponder this every time I hit the publish button...

But the question remains; Why don't we as humans look backwards on our lives in sheer disbelief? Recognize the bridges we've built, the chasms we've crossed, friendships we've forged, journey's we've labored, and characters we have honed and claim them out loud!

Every word written in these last TWO years (Happy Anniversary To Me) has served as solid bricks on top of my everlasting cornerstone. Being beat to a peachy pulp is a part of the painstaking lesson I so desire to learn. The strength of this ravenous desire is how I will measure my famous success.
And if I have to attain the astounding and asinine to gain authority on God's hand pruned purpose for me , what other master class more profound than Manhattan?

The heart never takes the place of the head: but it can, and should, obey it.--C.S. Lewis


After 684 posts, would you lick your lips and eat any of this fruit I've been pushing?

No comments:

Post a Comment