Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"The words of their mouths are wicked and deceitful; they fail to act wisely or do good.
Even on their beds they plot evil; they commit themselves to a sinful course and do not reject what is wrong." Psalm 36:3-4

I am sorry I have not mentioned the senseless and horrific extremist shooting in Tuscon.

I am sorry we live in a world where rage and entitlement stomp out peace and goodwill.

But mostly I am sorry any pundit has decided to play the blame game from the left or the right.

I thought better about adding to the hysterical coverage but this morning I grabbed my morning paper and The Daily News, The New York Times, and The New York Post had all posted Jared Loughner's chilling grin across the front page.

I felt regret for not honoring the names of the fallen, their stolen lives, and mourning families.

John Roll
Gabe Zimmerman
Dorwin Stoddard
Christina Greene
Dorthy Murray
and Phyllis Scheck are who we should be recognizing.

May God hold them close.

And for the repugnant pouncers who choose to use these tragic deaths for political gain, I'll pray for you.





No comments:

Post a Comment