Thursday, January 13, 2011

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S

"Making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." Ephesians 5:16-17

"You need to git up, git out and git somethin
Don't let the days of your life pass by
You need to git up, git out and git somethin
Don't spend all your time tryin to get high..."*

9:00 Alarm. Ignore.

10:15 Faint sound of text...or did I dream it?

11:00 Sit straight up in bed and admit out loud, " Damn, I'm a great sleeper!"

11:33 Swing my legs onto the floor. Make Coffee.

"You need git up, git out and git somethin
How will you make it if you never even try
You need to git up, git out and git somethin
Cuz you and I got to do for you and I..."*

12:00-12:20 Stare at grey hairs in mirror. Count them. Stop when I get to ten. Stick out my tongue.

12:20 Call production offices of Comedy Central, Jimmy Fallon, David Letterman, MTV Networks, and God help me, The View.

2:00 Husbands home. Affirm one of my purposes in a little Afternoon Delight. Then scare him away with the singing of my stream of consciousness.

3:00 Call 20/20 and tell them exactly what I would do...Hire ME to do the shocking dramatizations on their Friday night show
"Yes, I have extensive reporting experience." "Where...the Virgin Islands." "Yes, I'm serious."

3:30 Call NYU dental and inquire about one of their best students fixing my tooth I broke in JULY on a Showtime set.
Write "The Big C" casting a postcard and remind them, I was that girl.

4:00-4:15 Put EXTRA anti-wrinkle eye cream under eyes. Stare at the iris of my right eye.
Smear Peanut Butter and Jelly over a waffle and eat in two breaths while watching OPRAH.

"Without any doubt or fear
I know the Lord ain't brought me this far
so he could drop me off here
Did I make myself clear?
You need to git up, git out, cut this bullshit out..."*

5:00-5:05 Question My Sanity. Then put labels on envelopes. Send one to Maury Povich for an actress position in his reenactments.

6:02 Pluck grey hairs from my once BLOND head.

6:15 Send "Best Outfit" pic to Grant Wilfley Casting. They told me I'm being considered for the new Garry Marshall movie.

6:30 Snort a line. Brave the cold. Run 4 miles.
Just kidding...3.

8:09 Come Home. Pour a glass of wine (haven't had a drink in 9 days).
And question where the hell the day went...

Would you call this the dark end of the street?

*Outkast

1 comment:

  1. The "snort a line" line definitely had me going for a split second!!

    ReplyDelete