Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Plan: Leap Without Looking

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” 2 Corinthians 5:17

This blank page represents the change of the calendar.

Yea, I rattle my bourbon laced ice to the notion of new.
Say contrite things like, may this one be better than the last.
Get out the dream journal and write my best cursive hopes for the future.

But, I don't make New Year's resolutions.
Have I said that before?
I don't stack up the rules and goals against me and tie myself to the thorned whipping post if I fail...
No, I just pray to be better, more fruitful. Aware.
And conscious of the choices put in front of me to lead me into the next opportunity or disaster I am supposed to experience; to tack on another layer of who I am becoming or will be.

My love for Jesus is my only constant.
My scenery morphs and dances around that Truth.

Seems to me and obviously others, the New Year represents grand change.
A switching of mindset. An adjustment. And about face.
Change of behavior, demeanor, locale.
It's a shift from the norm.
A reconciliation that there is more to life than what you've experienced.
It's short. And it's never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Unless, of course your active motives are working for you.

Are they?


If not sing these words with me softly:

Words are flying out like
endless rain into a paper cup
They slither while they pass
They slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow waves of joy
are drifting thorough my open mind
Possessing and caressing me

Jai guru deva om
Nothing's gonna change my world.
Nothing's gonna change my world.

Fab 4 yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment