Friday, May 14, 2010

Banks of the Deep End

"I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the sleek and the strong I will destroy. I will shepherd the flock with justice."
Ezekiel 34:16

It's evident that all of us are tense.
The senile sexagenarian bum in the black trench on West 72nd threw an entire fresh baguette at a bicycle cop today. When the cop turned around to admonish him, the man boldly stuck out his brown tongue, growled, and farted loudly.
My sentiments exactly.

Consider this, if a day in the Lord is a thousand calendar days. How many days would this have been a millions of years ago when the face of the moon was closer and our days were four hours long? And just how long will our weeks drag on as the moon slinks away from our mad planet?

This is what I busy myself with the days I work at a dull desk.

"Searching for a reason to go astray
wild dreams turn to nightmares
silver clouds turn to golden stairs
and everything that you used to know
is slipping away..." Gov't Mule

Am I okay?


1 comment: