Sunday, May 23, 2010

Soon and Very Soon

"To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy." Jude 1:24

It is the weak that take the lead in cherry picking God-breathed word and using it to their vanity in pursuing righteousness.
It is strength that falls on knees calling on the name of the Lord, confessing they know nothing but the sheer gift of His unrelenting Mercy.

I have never claimed to be better just humbly blessed to be God's child.

It is a clear sign that we are in the last days as our President stands before our nation and condemns The Book of Leviticus and sings zippity doo dah about The Holy Quran and its relativity today.

I don't have energy to fight my own battles let alone the demons charging within others.
I'm crippled this morning by residual sickness and now the looming threat of small claims court by misinformed tenants in a phantom house. A house that was swiped out beneath me, cutting my roots off bluntly and leaving a gaping void.
I've said goodbye but the buzzing Nat in my ear is incessant. And ruthless.

Picking my thoughtful wardrobe for tomorrow's Wal-Mart commercial audition.
She's a middle American suburban mom.
I pass over my black skinny jeans and thread bare grey T and look deeper into my closet for pastels and khakis. A plastic headband and smart shopping shoes.
Who is this woman?
IS SHE HAPPIER THAN ME?
Is she slipping Oxycodone in their PB&J's? *
And will she find that the Glad Garbage Bags have the strength to hold her sanity together?

Candlelit dinner and Prodigy soundtrack with a singer/songwriter Brit, a French chef, a gorgeous Aussie artist, a Jersey born Asian dancer.
We toast our freedom, but inside question the sacrifices of a New York Life and ask ourselves the like, "Is it okay I'm 40 years old and cohabiting with 3 roommates who eat my eggs and smoke dope in my bathroom?"

Me? Not one little bit.
But oh so Worthy is the Lamb.

Are these the glorious, greedy, cosmopolitan last days?


**Women arrested in Staten Isle for drugging her 3 and 5 year old daughters.

1 comment:

  1. The woman in khakis poisons her children with pastel pills and I wonder if they should never have been born to a vapid fool.

    ReplyDelete