Monday, May 24, 2010

Don't Call Us

"See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction." Isaiah 48:10

It's Monday. I've made a private little deal with myself to only drink on weekends. I'm on my second glass of Rose. Maybe this business is a little too tough on my already shot nerves.

Rule #1--No Cold Reads

You know the scene in the so bad, it's good tearjerker Beaches, where Midler's character brings sheet music to an audition, barely belts out eight bars, before she's told to beat it off the X marked spot and the Soprano comes in joyfully sing Que Sera Sera...as she exits stage door left.

Well this Doris Day rode three trains, directed traffic, leaped through construction, waited five hours in a lobby, rerouted a tractor trailer delivery truck, changed into a polo while running across W 15th and dodged piles of poo only to scream into the door sweating profusely to frantically and poorly portray a warm and friendly mom who doesn't have to combat bad odors in her kitchen anymore, cause her Frebreeze Freshness Bags fight that battle for her.

And out I went.

Next....

Shit, Shit, Shit

Tonight as I iron my best sweater set to play Wasp in CT tomorrow, I wonder if the Agency will throw away my headshot.

Rudy's Father was wrong about chasing dreams hurting everyone around them. The only one in pain is me.
And my dear friends I bring to tears.

AAAHHHH Whatever will be, will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment