Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lasting Nest...

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1


It didn't take long, as I was sitting in the stuffy dinner theater under the sultry candelabras with clove cigarette butts snuffed out in the ashtray in front of me and pushy men in their three piece suits, gulping their bourbon and slinging their phallic cigars over my slender shoulder, just why I was sweating profusely in my 1920's gown.

The man on stage hanging upside down with his ankles tied and arms violently restrained in a yellowed straight jacket, represented sheer Hell to me.
And I was suffocating.

"If I were told I had to stay there, even paradise would become hell to me...." Empress Elizabeth of Hungary

In the words of Mick Jagger, I'm free to do what I want, any ole time.
How about you?

1 comment: