Friday, June 25, 2010

Daily Bread

"I am not insane, most excellent Festus," Paul replied. "What I am saying is true and reasonable." Acts 26:25

Tonight, I will stifle all maniacal rants concerning left liberal rock n roll journalists putting our very lives in danger to satisfy his own brain dead readership ego.

Mmmm.

There I was on a bright eyed and bushy tailed morning bus out of Port Authority to Paramus, New Jersey when the robust Polish man with hairy ears and cataract eyes sits next to me and turns his cockeyed ARMY hat to face front.
"You're soul will go up to heaven."
"I know this", I replied.
"But first, you will spend 150 years in purgatory. I know this because you are friendly."
"I don't believe in purgatory" I said to him.
"Ahh, that's cause your people from Northern Europe abused your bodies with sex that you reject what I know."

Moving Seats.

There I was in my Improv class when the limping crackhead comes through the door and starts emptying the contents of his well traversed backpack onto the ground during my scene.
And instead of following the pleading wishes of the instructor to leave, he pushes his comic books aside and participates in an improvisation sketch beside me. Quite well actually...
After being encouraged to sit down once again..he raises his shaking, chapped hand and says.

"It's bery obious dat ebby won here is acking diffent din in normal sssociety. Das Improv. I like it."
And with that, he fell off the bench in which he landed, smacked his head against the sharp corner of the stage, came to, gathered his meager belongings, and excused himself from class with his hand on his crotch.

We continued in the spirit of yes skit.

"It may be normal, darling; but I'd rather be natural." Truman Capote

Oh New York.

As most people expend tremendous energy to appear normal...
Who can you believe?




No comments:

Post a Comment