Tuesday, June 15, 2010

See Me

"Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame." Psalm 34:5

“There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept.” Ansel Adams

Man oh man, the Asian Can woman knows what she wants and goes after it. Not to mention, she knows the street schedule for garbage pickup. Early Bird catches the worm.

In this business we precede with show, you have to know your type in order to properly market yourself as the perfect little package.

Regardless of my short black mini. The plunging neckline of my tee. Or standing up in front of 150 fellow actors and commercial agents, repeatedly and unabashedly rebuking my given type with my hand on my 36" hips tonight...the votes are in and its official.

I am a WASP Suburban Soccer Mom with good hair and a pleasant smile.

This is not the image I look at in the mirror.

And despite the fact that I have been kicking and screaming against the main vein with alternate if not broader choices in my real day to day life, I got to give em what they want!

Gosh dammit, I am going to be the best child toting, juice box buying, mini van driving, super mom there is in my career life...
And glorify God all the way.

All aboard?





No comments:

Post a Comment