Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father Knows Best

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Not be all else to me, save that Thou art
.

Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all...

Irish Hymn

As I rolled onto my back in the middle of Central Park's Sheep Meadow, I watched the storm clouds quickly rolling in, hindering the blue sky, dampening a 90 degree day Manhattan and forcing all the young 20 somethings to pull their shorts up over their thonged asses and go running for cover.
Amongst the rain drops and the scattering of bodies and lifestyles, I deducted this much...

The world is an absolutely amazing form working in exact rhyme and reason.
It is our own self centered human behavior that chooses not to acknowledge something greater than ourselves but yet place such emphasis on our own man made image.

Despite their designer facade..No one can be happy with the material and social wealth this insane city can provide them. It's fruitless.

I want God to be at the center of everything I do...
Because if He is my focal point, the rest of the picture is perfect.


So...who's your Daddy?

No comments:

Post a Comment