Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cooked Goose

"And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7

"I know how much your loss must grieve you, "but here's a thought i'd like to leave you: Although you're sad remember that... now god is petting your pussycat. " Steve Martin from The Lonely Guy

There is an overwhelming amount of blessings in my life to be thankful for.
And this holiday gave me one more reason to relay...

A day full of Bailey's coffee, bloated cartoon balloons, a showering of the last golden Ginkgo leaves in Central Park, handmade Polish pierogies and bourbon spiked Egg Nog, made the meeting of my highly medicated neighbor, distraught in the stairwell a sobering halt to the indulgent festivities.

Mascara stained she screamed out, echoing off the marble steps, "Is he breathing?"
Whereas a thundering voice came from above, "I'm not an expert."
I was caught in the crossfire.

In my attempted escape to get out the door to breathe in Empire State's seasonal colors, she raised her blood stained eyes to mine and whispered my name, "...will you check?"

Feeling no pain myself, I make the ascent into a smoke filled room to rub my hand over the stiff, glazed eyed, nineteen year old Siamese and confirm that her pussy had indeed passed.

Does seeing another day make your grateful list?

No comments:

Post a Comment